brown sugar: want some sweetness?

Friday, July 13, 2007

Sing To Me?


Last week on my way to Staples on the corner of California and Battery:


Random Security Guard: How is your day going?
b: I'm alright, just running errands for my stupid job.

rsg: (walking along side of me) Can I tell you something? You are just so beautiful. Can I sing a song for you?

b: (in my head: I'm confused, I'm beautiful? Poor security guard needs glasses) You're gonna sing to me right here?

rsg: Yes Ma'm! I'm a hidden talent, waiting to get discovered.

b: Really? Let's hear it.

rsg: Could u be the most beautiful girl in the world?
Its plain 2 see ure the reason that God made a girl
When the day turns into the last day of all timeI can say I hope u are in these arms of mine
And when the night falls before that day I will cry
I will cry tears of joy cuz after u all one can do is die, oh

b: (swooning) Wow, thank you. Seriously, that is so sweet, no one has ever sang to me before (except for the drunk guy on the bus in London)

rsg: Well, you're welcomed beautiful. I would give you my number, but I think your boyfriend would get mad (turns around and crosses the street)

b: (to myself): What boyfriend?



Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Jul 15, 08:04:00 AM PDT , Blogger ZenDenizen said...

    Wow that beats the random Chinese grandma on the train last week who wanted to fix me up with her son because I was a "petite delicate beauty." :)

     
  • At Wed Jul 18, 01:43:00 PM PDT , Blogger brown sugar said...

    Zen:
    Your encounter sounds much more interesting.
    I don't know if you experience this, but when I share stories like these, some people don't believe me but I'm like: Dude, I'm so like not creative enough to make up this shit. (Sorry, my ghetto valley accent came through yet again-lol).

     
  • At Wed Jul 18, 01:55:00 PM PDT , Blogger tamasha said...

    Such a sweet story. The auntie next to me on the plane wanted to set me up with her nephew (of course). ;)

     
  • At Tue Jul 24, 03:45:00 PM PDT , Blogger brown sugar said...

    Wow, Tamasha, yet another random encounter. I love these stories :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home