brown sugar: want some sweetness?

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Cost of Love?


Setting: Walgreens on Market and 3rd a couple of weeks ago. I'm buying some last minute sunscreen before I head home to pack for my trip to DC. Yours truly is standing in line, reading a tabloid (of course!). The young man standing in front of me turns around.


Young Man: Hey, I'm a film student across the street (at the Academy of Art) and I'm making a documentary. Can I ask you some questions for it?
BS: Umm, I have a fear of cameras. (eyes go back to the article on Britney)

YM: Ah, okay. I don't have my camera on me so don't worry. I just wanted to try out some questions. Is that alright?

BS: Uhh, I suppose...(why do I have to be soo nice?)

YM: Tell me, what's the price of a cup of coffee?

BS: I don't know, I make my own coffee.

YM: You do? Oh, um okay. How about this: how much do you think a gallon of gas is?

BS: I wouldn't know, I don't drive.

YM: You're not helping.

BS: Sorry about that (back to the Britney article)

YM: How about this, what's the cost of love?

BS: (head goes up, surprised at question)

YM: (after a couple of moments) Well...Have you ever been in love?

BS: Err, um, hey, I think you're next (pointing to the cash register).

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At Tue May 08, 07:31:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have some zany encounters! *Jealous* No one talks to me while I'm in line!

     
  • At Tue May 08, 07:45:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Umm... you left out the most important part! Was he cute?

    I suppose you would have mentioned that if he was...

     
  • At Tue May 08, 09:42:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i wonder if, like i do when approached by strangers, you were also wearing a look of utmost boredom and contempt on your face. no? just me? ;)

     
  • At Wed May 09, 05:31:00 AM PDT , Blogger Mediocre Blogger said...

    Kudos to that guy for coming up with such a creative, though unsuccessful, way to hit on a girl.

     
  • At Wed May 09, 12:34:00 PM PDT , Blogger brown sugar said...

    bengali chick:
    I think it's because I have this trusting face that I have the randomist (and not so random) people come up to me. That or someone up there likes to torture me ;-).

    tamasha:
    He was super young (like 22) so I guess he was cute in that boyish sorta way. But then again, I've given up on all straight SF boys here-they suck! A miracle would be if "Krishan Behl" falls out of the sky or something. :-)

    agk:
    Girl, I was scowling the whole time. But his question of love did catch me off guard. It took me a second to think about if I'd ever been in love (yes, I have, but it was never reciprocated by the other party). Oh well... :-)

    mediocre blogger:
    Yeah, I have to give him props, too. Even though it didn't work on me, hope it works out on someone not as jaded as me. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home